I have two Ancestral Notes sites, one for back-up. Both sites have unique features: Blogger has the Google Friend Connect feature and the HTML code boxes for widgets. The problem with Blogger is that it doesn't work with Mozilla Firefox. After the update, the Firefox browser didn't work right so I uninstalled it this morning and am currently on IE8.
I haven't had any browser issues with Wordpress and now that I have the tags and categories all straightened around, I am starting to create pages. The Wordpress site is a lot cleaner, not as many widget boxes but I can make "sticky" posts with it. There are fewer templates to choose from than with Blogger with the free version. I chose a template that lets you "browse by topic" with all of the categories listed for a cleaner look.
Both sites have easy import/export features and posting by email.
There is a poll at the top of the homepage here, I will let my readers decide which site is easier to use and I'll use the other for a backup site to import new posts to. Please visit both sites and vote on the one you prefer. I will have the poll on this blog until the end of the month and start using the chosen site in February.
Ancestral Notes on Wordpress.
Welcome to my family history blog. Finding more about my family's history is very rewarding as well as being interesting and educational.
I created this blog to share my thoughts, experiences, tips and resources in my search for my ancestors' history and maybe, help you in your research as well. I am particularly interested in the history of Upper Canada and the Loyalist period in history.
My Carnival Blogs
- Black Sheep Canadian Ancestors - The Quaker Loyalist Turncoats
- Cabinet of Curiosities #15 - What Did I Dig Up?
- Carnival of Irish Heritage and Culture # 12 - Letter From Ireland
- COG # 68 - A Tribute to Women - Sarah Haines, UEL
- COG # 69 - What If...The British Won the Revolutionary War?
- COG #71-Local History - The Tomato Capital of Canada - Leamington, Ontario
- COG #73 - The Good Earth - Vege-Land
- COG #75- Justice and Independence - The Loyalists Viewpoint
- COG #76 - My Favouriite Summer Vacation
- COG #77 - Disasters - God's Wrath
- COG #81 - A Short But Full Life
- Smile for the Camera #11 - Brothers and Sisters
- Smile for the Camera #12 - Noble Life - Rev. T. Neil Libby
- Smile For The Camera #15 - They Worked Hard For The Family
- Smile for the Camera - All Creatures Great and Small
My Daily Blog Theme Posts & SNGF with Randy
- Follow Friday - Cape Cod Gravestones
- Follow Friday - Destination: Austin Family
- Follow Friday - Tribal Pages
- Follow Friday - Viviti For Versatile Blogging
- Madness Monday - 10 Questions
- Madness Monday - I'm Realy Connnected To My Parents
- Madness Monday - Nettie Kennedy
- Saturday Night Fun - My Grandmother's Ancestors
- Saturday Night Fun - Poetry
- Saturday Night Genealogy Fun - Ahnentafel Roulette
- Saturday Night Genealogy Fun - All My Grgrgrandparents
- Saturday Night Genealogy Fun - Family Increases
- Saturday Night Genealogy Fun - My All-Time Favourite Song
- Saturday Night Genealogy Fun - Surname Distribution
- Saturday Night Genealogy Fun - The Nicest Things
- Saturday Night Genealogy Fun - Tricks And Treats
- Saturday Night Genealogy Fun - What Luck!
- Saturday Night Genealogy Fun - Where were they in 1909?
- Surname Saturday - Small, Smalle, Smalley
- Tombstone Tuesday - Col. John Butler Family Buryng Grounds
- Tombstone Tuesday - Doan's Ridge Cemetery
- Tombstone Tuesday - My German Ancestry
- Tombstone Tuesday - Tecumseh
- Tombstone Tuesday - The Family Plot
- Tombstone Tuesday,Happy Birthday Great-grampa John Haines
- Wordless Wednesday - Alexander Taylor
- Wordless Wednesday - Elizabeth Simcoe
- Wordless Wednesday - Global Warming???
- Wordless Wednesday - Happy Anniversary!
- Wordless Wednesday - Jane Fairbairn Kendrick
- Wordless Wednesday - My Gardens
- Wordless Wednesday - Niagara region, Ontario, Canada
- Wordless Wednesday - On The Island
- Wordless Wednesday - The George Fairbairn Family
- Wordless Wednesday - The Taylors of Essex County
- Wordless Wednesday - Touring the Settler's Village, Bobcaygeon, Ontario