Welcome to my family history blog. Finding more about my family's history is very rewarding as well as being interesting and educational.
I created this blog to share my thoughts, experiences, tips and resources in my search for my ancestors' history and maybe, help you in your research as well. I am particularly interested in the history of Upper Canada and the Loyalist period in history.
Monday, November 2, 2009
Norman Crowder UE, K. BA, MA, MBA 1926-2009
from the Loyalist Trails newsletter:
Last Post: CROWDER, Norman K. BA, MA, MBA
CROWDER, Norman K. BA, MA, MBA, United Empire Loyalist Captain (retired) Canadian Army Ordnance Corp-Korean War Veteran Federal Government - Treasury Board
Peacefully at St. Vincent Hospital, after a lengthy illness, on Thursday, October 22, 2009, aged 83 years. Beloved husband of Ruth (nee Haberl) and dear father of Pat Hall (Des), Doug (Gail Snider), Marilyn Hingorani (Suresh) and Bob (Debbie). Loving grandfather of Rob (Cara), Suzanne (Sebastian), John (Sara), Brian, Robin, Michael, Asha, Lisa, Vinay and Gina.Great-grandfather of Emily, Danny, Logan, Owen and Reese. Predeceased by his parents Joseph and Grace Crowder of Renfrew and by brothers Arnold, Dalton, Allan and sisters Phyllis and Florence. Norman was a member of the Ontario Genealogical Society, a founding member of the British Isles Family History Society of Greater Ottawa, and authored several genealogical books and publications. Friends may visit at the Pinecrest Visitation Centre, 2500 Baseline Road on Monday, October 26, 2009 from 7 to 9 p.m. Service in the Chapel on Tuesday, at 11 a.m. Reception to follow. In lieu of flowers, donations to the charity of your choice would be appreciated. Condolences can be made online at www.colefuneralservices.com
Published in the Ottawa Citizen on 10/24/2009
Member of The St. Lawrence Branch
Submitted by Lynne Cook.
My Carnival Blogs
- Black Sheep Canadian Ancestors - The Quaker Loyalist Turncoats
- Cabinet of Curiosities #15 - What Did I Dig Up?
- Carnival of Irish Heritage and Culture # 12 - Letter From Ireland
- COG # 68 - A Tribute to Women - Sarah Haines, UEL
- COG # 69 - What If...The British Won the Revolutionary War?
- COG #71-Local History - The Tomato Capital of Canada - Leamington, Ontario
- COG #73 - The Good Earth - Vege-Land
- COG #75- Justice and Independence - The Loyalists Viewpoint
- COG #76 - My Favouriite Summer Vacation
- COG #77 - Disasters - God's Wrath
- COG #81 - A Short But Full Life
- Smile for the Camera #11 - Brothers and Sisters
- Smile for the Camera #12 - Noble Life - Rev. T. Neil Libby
- Smile For The Camera #15 - They Worked Hard For The Family
- Smile for the Camera - All Creatures Great and Small
My Daily Blog Theme Posts & SNGF with Randy
- Follow Friday - Cape Cod Gravestones
- Follow Friday - Destination: Austin Family
- Follow Friday - Tribal Pages
- Follow Friday - Viviti For Versatile Blogging
- Madness Monday - 10 Questions
- Madness Monday - I'm Realy Connnected To My Parents
- Madness Monday - Nettie Kennedy
- Saturday Night Fun - My Grandmother's Ancestors
- Saturday Night Fun - Poetry
- Saturday Night Genealogy Fun - Ahnentafel Roulette
- Saturday Night Genealogy Fun - All My Grgrgrandparents
- Saturday Night Genealogy Fun - Family Increases
- Saturday Night Genealogy Fun - My All-Time Favourite Song
- Saturday Night Genealogy Fun - Surname Distribution
- Saturday Night Genealogy Fun - The Nicest Things
- Saturday Night Genealogy Fun - Tricks And Treats
- Saturday Night Genealogy Fun - What Luck!
- Saturday Night Genealogy Fun - Where were they in 1909?
- Surname Saturday - Small, Smalle, Smalley
- Tombstone Tuesday - Col. John Butler Family Buryng Grounds
- Tombstone Tuesday - Doan's Ridge Cemetery
- Tombstone Tuesday - My German Ancestry
- Tombstone Tuesday - Tecumseh
- Tombstone Tuesday - The Family Plot
- Tombstone Tuesday,Happy Birthday Great-grampa John Haines
- Wordless Wednesday - Alexander Taylor
- Wordless Wednesday - Elizabeth Simcoe
- Wordless Wednesday - Global Warming???
- Wordless Wednesday - Happy Anniversary!
- Wordless Wednesday - Jane Fairbairn Kendrick
- Wordless Wednesday - My Gardens
- Wordless Wednesday - Niagara region, Ontario, Canada
- Wordless Wednesday - On The Island
- Wordless Wednesday - The George Fairbairn Family
- Wordless Wednesday - The Taylors of Essex County
- Wordless Wednesday - Touring the Settler's Village, Bobcaygeon, Ontario