Welcome to my family history blog. Finding more about my family's history is very rewarding as well as being interesting and educational.
I created this blog to share my thoughts, experiences, tips and resources in my search for my ancestors' history and maybe, help you in your research as well. I am particularly interested in the history of Upper Canada and the Loyalist period in history.
Friday, October 16, 2009
Update to post:: "I'm Smiling on the Inside"
I'll be smiling again on the outside before too long. I went for a "Blink Reflex Test" this afternoon. I was expecting needles but was pleasantly surprised that the ENG tech was using magnetic strips with adhesive instead. I don't mind needles but not around my eyes. The test is done to compare impulses on the well side with those of the ill side. There is a scale that they use to determine prognosis. My prognosis is great, 100% recovery in 2 weeks to 2 months. I read a study on this procedure and in the study there was 100% accuracy!
My Carnival Blogs
- Black Sheep Canadian Ancestors - The Quaker Loyalist Turncoats
- Cabinet of Curiosities #15 - What Did I Dig Up?
- Carnival of Irish Heritage and Culture # 12 - Letter From Ireland
- COG # 68 - A Tribute to Women - Sarah Haines, UEL
- COG # 69 - What If...The British Won the Revolutionary War?
- COG #71-Local History - The Tomato Capital of Canada - Leamington, Ontario
- COG #73 - The Good Earth - Vege-Land
- COG #75- Justice and Independence - The Loyalists Viewpoint
- COG #76 - My Favouriite Summer Vacation
- COG #77 - Disasters - God's Wrath
- COG #81 - A Short But Full Life
- Smile for the Camera #11 - Brothers and Sisters
- Smile for the Camera #12 - Noble Life - Rev. T. Neil Libby
- Smile For The Camera #15 - They Worked Hard For The Family
- Smile for the Camera - All Creatures Great and Small
My Daily Blog Theme Posts & SNGF with Randy
- Follow Friday - Cape Cod Gravestones
- Follow Friday - Destination: Austin Family
- Follow Friday - Tribal Pages
- Follow Friday - Viviti For Versatile Blogging
- Madness Monday - 10 Questions
- Madness Monday - I'm Realy Connnected To My Parents
- Madness Monday - Nettie Kennedy
- Saturday Night Fun - My Grandmother's Ancestors
- Saturday Night Fun - Poetry
- Saturday Night Genealogy Fun - Ahnentafel Roulette
- Saturday Night Genealogy Fun - All My Grgrgrandparents
- Saturday Night Genealogy Fun - Family Increases
- Saturday Night Genealogy Fun - My All-Time Favourite Song
- Saturday Night Genealogy Fun - Surname Distribution
- Saturday Night Genealogy Fun - The Nicest Things
- Saturday Night Genealogy Fun - Tricks And Treats
- Saturday Night Genealogy Fun - What Luck!
- Saturday Night Genealogy Fun - Where were they in 1909?
- Surname Saturday - Small, Smalle, Smalley
- Tombstone Tuesday - Col. John Butler Family Buryng Grounds
- Tombstone Tuesday - Doan's Ridge Cemetery
- Tombstone Tuesday - My German Ancestry
- Tombstone Tuesday - Tecumseh
- Tombstone Tuesday - The Family Plot
- Tombstone Tuesday,Happy Birthday Great-grampa John Haines
- Wordless Wednesday - Alexander Taylor
- Wordless Wednesday - Elizabeth Simcoe
- Wordless Wednesday - Global Warming???
- Wordless Wednesday - Happy Anniversary!
- Wordless Wednesday - Jane Fairbairn Kendrick
- Wordless Wednesday - My Gardens
- Wordless Wednesday - Niagara region, Ontario, Canada
- Wordless Wednesday - On The Island
- Wordless Wednesday - The George Fairbairn Family
- Wordless Wednesday - The Taylors of Essex County
- Wordless Wednesday - Touring the Settler's Village, Bobcaygeon, Ontario